To install this theme you must have a working version of WordPress already installed. If you need help installing WordPress, follow the instructions in WordPress Codex. Below are all the useful links for WordPress information.
- WordPress Codex – General info about WordPress and how to install it on your server.
- First Steps With WordPress – General info about multiple topics on WordPress.
- FAQ New To WordPress – The most popular FAQ’s regarding WordPress.
- First Site Guide – Easy to follow step by step guides and tips to help you get online
Download Theme files from ThemeForest by going to the Downloads tab and finding the RoyalTickets Theme. Click on the Download button. The “All files & Documentation” archive contains everything and the Installable WordPress file only is just the installable WordPress theme file.
The contents of the theme package downloaded from ThemeForest:
There are two ways to install a WordPress theme: using the built-in installer or by uploading it via FTP
1. Installing using the WordPress theme installer
- From the dashboard go to Appearance → Themes → Add New → Upload Theme;
- Click on “Choose File” and select ohio.zip;
- Click on “Install Now”.
2. Installing via FTP
This is a more advanced way to install your theme. To install Ohio via FTP:
- Download the Theme archive and extract the files it contains;
- Use an FTP client to access your hosting server;
- Unzip the royaltickets.zip archive, put its contents (folder called royaltickets) in the /wp-content/themes directory provided by WordPress;
- Go to Appearance → Themes, find RoyalTickets and activate it.
IMPORTANT! After activation go to your admin area and click settings, then select permalinks. Add there click save permalinks, it will help to get the new custom post types slugs correct.
Installing required plugins
RoyalTickets theme requires a set of core and additional plugins to function correctly. A plugin is an additional component that offers functionality and features beyond a typical WordPress installation. Without them, most of its functionality is not available. After installing the theme you will be prompted to install the required plugins at the top of your dashboard. Alternatively, you can:
- From the dashboard go to Appearance → Install Plugins;
- Toggle all the required plugins and hint “Install”;
- The last step will be activating the plugins.
RoyalTickets theme comes bundled with some premium plugins from CodeCanyon, such as WPBakery Bage Builder (formerly Visual Composer), Slider Revolution and LayerSlider, that help to supercharge your website with features beyond a typical WordPress installation
Bundled plugins offer the same core features and functionality as the standalone version of the item on CodeCanyon.
Bundled plugins may ask for a purchase code for registration/activation once installed. You can simply ignore these messages as bundled plugins do not require activation or registration. The plugin will still work as intended with the theme once the theme has been activated/registered.
Importing Demo Content
- From the dashboard go to Appearance → FT: Import Demo;
- Choose the demo you want to install and click on the “ImportDemo” button below;